Name that motor; Stumped

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Name that motor; Stumped
From: Scott.Mackay@SEMATECH.Org
Date: Tue, 03 Mar 1998 16:19:02 -0600

     Well I thought it would never happen, I stumped the list!  I had only
     one response (thanks, by the way)to the question:

     Does anyone have a corrolation list of TR6 head number to years?

     Not wishing to loose faith in this group, I am willing to offer the
     question again.

     Again, the details are I have, what I think is, a TR6 head that was
     delivered unattached with a late '72 TR6 block.  I can get info on the
     block, but do not have any info on the head.  To complicate matters,
     the head number does not sequence well with the other motors that I
     have that I think are complete (early '71 and late '76).  Also, the
     casting marks ave very different between the three heads.

     Any insight here???  Does it even matter??  Possible solution is to
     measure the head thickness (Who has thickness to CR numbers??), trim
     to approperate thickness and continue.  Big concern is the port
     spacing for the correct intake manifold.  Prefer the later, but again,
     don't know what I have.

     Also, what detail differences are there in a '72 block vs '74 block??
     Casting marks, oil lines, etc???  Both have the cylinder recesses, but
     what else??

     Appreciate any and all help.

     TIA

     Scott Mackay