Re: TR-6 Paint/Concours Rule Question

To: tr6guy@JUNO.COM, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR-6 Paint/Concours Rule Question
From: KMNTR6 <KMNTR6@aol.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Mar 1998 20:43:28 EST
Joe

I have an original 1974 Mallard TR6 Commission number CF16990U. It is a
beautiful color, but you must be careful with Mallard. I have seen several
resprays that do NOT represent the color. They look flat. I guess the best way
to say it is that a proper Mallard looks deep. I have shown my car  quite a
bit here on the East Coast (but not anywhere near you in Fla), and always get
nice comments about the color. Mallard was only offered on '73 and '74
Triumphs.

>From what I understand in Concours judging the paint must be proper for the
paint code AND the car's year. If you want originallity, Laurel green was
offered on '72s and is a SUPER color. Laurel is a soft Moss green, where
Emerald is like a Kelly green.

Good luck with your respray. By the way, what color is your car now?

Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register
1957 TR3 TS21086L Old English White (actually an MG!!!! color)
1974 TR6 CF16990U Mallard Blue