Re: Gas Tank

To: "Mark A. Bunce" <bunce@alma.edu>
Subject: Re: Gas Tank
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 09:06:38 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Mark,
After the merger of BMC and Leyland, Spitfire engines were used in the
Midgets.  Only a few of the outside peripherals were changed for the
Midget.  So you should have no trouble with getting 1500 Spit engine
parts to work.

Dating the engine by the number is a little trickier.  I think the
serial number (after the prefix) was a continuation of the original 1500
sequence regardless of which car it went in.  I would guess the engine
to be a 75 or 76 vintage or maybe even '77 (mho).

Joe