TR6 Fuel pump Pictures Please.

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jbonina@nectech.com, geo@ohio.net
Subject: TR6 Fuel pump Pictures Please.
From: John Duhart <DUHART@symbol.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Mar 1998 08:01:53 -0500
Hey All,

 I'm having a bit of a problem in the fuel pump area of my TR6,  I installed
the spin-on oil filter, the Tach cable, and the clutch slave cylinder this
weekend.  There is just no room for anything!  Worse is that I went trough my
picture album, and I only have two shots of this area, and neither are
close-ups or well lit, so I can't see much.  Here are my problems.

1) The oil filter, which is pointing straight down, rides up against the slave
cylinder!  I not sure  I'm going to be able to get the hose to connect to the
slave cylinder.

2) I tried rotating the oil filter foward but and only move it a few degress
before it bumps up against the brake line for the rear brakes.

3) I thought of removing the filter, rotating the adaptor foward 90 degress so
that the filter is running foward and parrell with the ground.  However I
wasn't sure if this was a good thing to do since it would mean the filter would
empty when the engine wasn't running.

4) With the filter pointing down the fuel line is running along side the oil
filter.  Do I want my fuel line running along side my hot oil filter?

5) The way I ran my Tach cable it bearly clears the fule pump.  Which whole in
the firewall do you run the tach cable through?  There are two wholes above the
brake servo unit, and I'm running the speedo and oil pressure line through
those.  Then there is a third whole on the drivers side of the tranny.  That
third whole is where I ran the Tach cable.  Is this correct?

 OK, if you have or know of any pictures that will show this area of the car
please help me.  If you have advice I'll take that too.

 Oh ya, I connected the battery for the first time since Oct 96.  The starter
turn over!  I've hooked up my wiring harness correctly!  Yea for ME!

Later,
JHD IV