Getting GT6 out of the hole

To: msecres@ibm.net
Subject: Getting GT6 out of the hole
From: Thomas Howard <thoward@sdcoe.k12.ca.us>
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 1998 16:04:43 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

>My GT6 has the same behavior.  Kind of forces me to spin the clutch a
>little harder than I would like in situations where I gotta get going
>quickly ...
>
>--MS
>73 GT6

Good to know that I am not alone.  Now, if there is an answer that does not
entail creating at Toyumph.

I am considering having the head rebuilt for a better top-end seal, but
more important having about .08 milled off to increase the compression to
where I will have to use 90 octane gas.   ( I am not certain about the .08"
 Maybe .10 or ????)

Tom Howard
'72 GT6 (and a good bit of USA iron)
Lakeside Union School District