Re: Steel braided brake hoses

To: rcarley@uoguelph.ca
Subject: Re: Steel braided brake hoses
From: ingate@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
Date: Thu, 26 Feb 98 12:21:53 PST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Robert Carley wrote:
        > I need to replace the rubber brake hoses on my TR6, and wonder if it
is
        > worthwhile going to stainless braided hoses.

I did just this last year, and I did notice a difference to the braking
performance of the car.  Of course it may have been the fresh brake fluid
that I was using (I completely flushed the system), but I did not detect
very much water in the old fluid.

I did this on my Moto Guzzi Le Mans many years ago, and also on my Pantera.
In all cases, I noted that the brake pedal/lever gave a more firm and responsive
feel.  The old rubber hoses can swell under pressure I am told, and the
braided s/s do not have this problem.

The braided s/s are very easy to install.  If you can, put the car up on
4 jack stands, and remove all the wheels.  Its a great time to check and replace
brake pads, bushings, wheel bearings, r/r hubs, powder coat suspension,
add Wilwood disks, finned alloy drums,.......

        Shane Ingate in San Diego