UK Spit 1500 Fog Lamps, and other electrical querys

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: UK Spit 1500 Fog Lamps, and other electrical querys
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Wed, 25 Feb 1998 11:38:06 +0000
Hi All,
I am currently, attacking the wiring for my RHD '79 1500, this is
mainly because the DPO got his Marmot Drunk.  Any way, the DPO
did some re-wiring of the car, and I have a cut wire coming
from the rear going to the front to rear wiring loom connector,
its for the fog lamp but, theirs no were for it to go from there.

Where does this wire go?  There is no spare places in the connector,
and there are no other wires around.
Does anyone know what the fog lamp switch looks like, and where it
goes, I want to fit one.  Do you know where about the optional
fog lamp goes on the car.

Heater motor box, where does the black wire go.

Is there a light behind the heater selector panel, it looks like
there should, but I can't find a connector, bulb or holder.

Where does the holder for the passenger foot well lamp go, if there
is one?

Where can I get a ballast resistor wire from?

Interestingly enough the DPO thought that cutting wires, then using
yellow insulating tape and twisting wires back together.  Was an
alternative to unplugging the connectors.  Hmmmmmmm.... Soldering Iron
me thinks.
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot (Drunk at the time)