PB Blaster Penetrant

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: PB Blaster Penetrant
From: triumph72@juno.com (Steve Wilson)
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 21:12:46 -0600
Just used this stuff (PB Blaster from Pep Boys) to penetrate some very
rusted and locked up nuts and bolts on TR250 I've been working on.  I
heard of it here on the list and highly  recommend it to the list.  It's
all they say it is and more!  It certainly penetrated where no fluid had
gone for a very long time; only  water  had been  there to cause the rust
in the first place!  IT WORKED!!  But.....always a caveat....I did happen
to round off more than a few bolt heads that were too rusty to get a good
socket on.  So, the question at hand:  What's the best way to get the
rounded bolts out??  The bolts I'm working on here are the ones attaching
the body tub to the frame.   I was thinking of getting that magic socket
thing with all the roller bearings that is advertised to grip anything
and/or drill the dogbert out of the head & bolt; I don't have to save the
bolt.  Suggestions appreciated.
I've said it before and I'll say it again "Thanks for all your help" in
the past and in the future.  Even though it's only  voiced  a bit, be
certain  you know that your anwers are sincerely appreciated!!  Later,
Steve Wilson

Or call Juno at (800) 654-JUNO [654-5866]