Lil' blinky red light

To: DANMAS@aol.com
Subject: Lil' blinky red light
From: Mike Mason <mmason@lindenwood.edu>
Date: Tue, 24 Feb 1998 15:20:28 -0600 (CST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

Everything checks out...BUT.  I put a GM alternator in my 73 TR6,
according to the plans in the VTR.  The guys at the parts house put their
little test thingie on it and said that everything is as it should be.
(They also complimented my on the beautiful, neat wiring job...brag!)

The old Lucas unit was only running about 12 or 13 volts, so the ignition
light was on whenever the headlights were on, indicating a discharge.

Now the lights are bright, the volt meter shows 14+ volts of charge all
the time, I'm  happy and life is good...

BUT, the other day on the Interstate the ignition light began to cycle on
and off about every other second or so.  I turned on the headlights and it
stopped.  When I turned them off again, it began to do it again.  What the
Heck Is That?