vcard files

To: Irwin Armstrong <armstrong@btinternet.com>
Subject: vcard files
From: joe-schneider@nwu.edu (Joseph R Schneider)
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 23:49:52 -0600
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
to Irwin Armstrong and anyone else using whatever mailer sends these
"vcard" files, *please* disable whatever this "feature" is, for those of us
who have to dial up and often get busies, we download more than 100 pieces
of mail a day, I'd prefer to start downloading and go take a shower while
it happens, meanwhile, my mailer sees this vcard thing and waits for me to
tell it what to do with it- this is a security issue for me, I don't want
to let just any file be downloaded to my machine, so I won't disable this
feature- so my machine waits for me to tell it what to do with this little
file and I get timed out and have to dial up again- is there really any
advantage to this vcard?
thanks for your consideration
Joe

Joseph R Schneider    Web Page http://pubweb.acns.nwu.edu/~jschneid/JRS.HTML
76 Spitfire 1500  FM45587UC  VTR #11526  *Spit happens*
"I'll take him to the Jesuits for they know the sins of the Pope himself."
Angela's Ashes by Frank McCourt page 129 (my daughter attends a Jesuit High
School)