TR4A front suspension question

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4A front suspension question
From: Eric Miller <emiller@europa.com>
Date: Thu, 19 Feb 1998 17:51:11 -0800
Greetings -

I am in the process of putting the front suspension back together on my 65
4A, and am trying to resolve some conflicting information I have regarding
proper assembly.  Specifically, which way to fit the upper fulcrum pin.
The fulcrum pin is what the upper A-arms attach to, and it had a definite
curve to it.  According to drawings in the Bentley manual, the pin looks
like it should be fitted so that the outside curve faces away from the
engine compartment.  The pin was fitted this way on the car when I
disassembled it.  The Practical Classics TR6 resortation book specifically
points out (and has pictures showing) that the outside curve of the pin
should face toward the engine compartment.  Anyone know for sure which way
it's supposed to go?  Or is there supposed to be a difference between the
4A and the 6?

Thanks,
Eric Miller
Portland, OR