Re: Stromberg 97 Carbs

To: "Larry Quirk" <Larry.E.Quirk@gov.ab.ca>, "Chris Rodgers" <The.4.Rodgers@xtra.co.nz>
Subject: Re: Stromberg 97 Carbs
From: "Nick" <Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 20:34:46 -0800
Cc: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>

----------
<Nickbk@worldnet.att.net>
> Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
> Subject: Re: Stromberg 97 Carbs
> Date: Monday, February 16, 1998 2:47 PM
>
> Stromberg 97's are downdraft two barrel carbs usually found on old
flathead
> Fords.  Had a triple set on a 47 Mercury back in my youth.  The best
> performance gain for the 47 Merc. was to replace the flathead with a 58
> Vette 283 and a 39 Ford truck transmission.
> Snapping Back to Today -->  the 97's are not intended for LBC
application.
> With respect to books on the  97's, I would try Classic Motorbooks.
> Spitman

Yep, had a set of those on my '39 Ford coupe with a '48 AB Merc motor,
complete with aforementioned red painted chrome scoops...can you say
"snazzy" ? I don't think I'll run right out a put a set of em on the gt6
cause I really don't wanna cut holes in the hood. BUT, I still like the
idea, can't be any worse than a set of the Weber DGV style carbs on the TR
6 cyl motor.

Still think it might be a "slick" install...
      Nick in Nor Cal