Go on, give yourselves a break!

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Go on, give yourselves a break!
From: "jonmac" <jonmac@ndirect.co.uk>
Date: Wed, 18 Feb 1998 00:27:39 -0000
Hi, Guys (and Gals)
I'm a 'newbie to this scene of just over a month (an emerging 'wrinklie'
too) and you've all given me a lot of pleasure and interest reading about
your queries, projects,
problems. One reason why I haven't put in my two pennorth, is I'm still in
an almost vertical learning curve with this keyboard, Windows 95, E-Mail
and some other things besides. So, till now and in CB parlance "I've stayed
on the side"
Now I'm rushing out into the open to give anyone who's interested some
inside track knowledge about 'Life at Triumph' in England in the sixties.
That's where I worked, not only in the factory at Coventry - but in the
London Service Division and the company's only showroom in London's Mayfair
district. I've put together twelve stories (so far) of what I can dredge
from my memory banks and you'll find these at
http://www.toolbox.ndirect.co.uk/stories So far, there are some 38 pages
and download time is around 20 seconds. I've another commercial site (which
I'm NOT talking about here) but I do want to link both sites into Triumph
Clubs around the world if that's possible and if individual committee
members agree. Would all or any of you who read this send me an e-mail of
your Club (if you belong to one) with
details of who I should contact? If you don't belong to a Club but have a
Triumph site all of your own, I'll be happy to plug that too!
Have fun this Spring and summer. I'll be thinking of y'all

John
Spitfire Mk3
1600 Vitesse
TR4A
GT6 Mk II
(and whisper whisper '59 Frogeye and '65 1100 Midget. you'll see piccy's of
them on the ahem (commercial) site plus my GT6

John Macartney