Re: Mity-Vac

To: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Subject: Re: Mity-Vac
From: mmcewen@gpu.srv.ualberta.ca (John McEwen)
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 17:31:17 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Don't be in too big a hurry to dispose of it.  You have to learn to use it.
The trick is to build up suction in the Mity Vac then open the bleeder
screw slightly and close it again when the vacuum is nearly gone.  If the
line is completely empty, fill the master and allow it to drain to an open
bleeder - assisting with the pedal if necessary.  Don't try to suck fluid
through a completely empty line - it takes forever.  Mity Vac has many more
uses especially for testing vacuum controlled systems in heaters and
ignition.  It also pushes which can be handy.  Don't lose faith because of
one bad experience and go buy some silicone grease.

John McEwen