RE: 74' TR6

To: "'Warren, Silas (SJ)'" <swarren@dow.com>
Subject: RE: 74' TR6
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 12:13:14 -0700
Cc: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Here is a message I saved from a while ago. Hopefully Bob Lang does not
mind me posting it here now...

The basic answer to your question is that the block was originally
painted gloss black. Mine still is in most places and I have not painted
it in 16 years. As I got the car with 39,000 miles in 1982 I doubt it
had a new engine so soon (although only the heritage certificate would
provide final proof I suppose).

A couple of other sources of paint info are:

        http://www.team.net/sol/tech/paintcod.html
        http://www.vtr.org/maintain/paint-guide-tr6.html

Good luck,

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada

Now here is Bob's message (from 96-08-08):

Valve Cover     silver (Ford Argent or Duplicolor T129)
Engine Block    gloss black
Intake manifold silver (I used aluminum high temp paint)
Air Cleaner     silver (see valve-cover)
Brake Booster   semi-gloss black
Body number plate       there are two, one is body colored, the other is

                        unpainted aluminium
Radiator        semi-gloss or flat black (real thin coat!!!)
Radiator stays  gloss black
Frame (everywhere)      gloss black
Wiper Motor     grey Hammerite!!!
Oil Filter Cover        lightish blue with AC brand sticker

Note: contrary to common opinion, the original wheel paint is not
silver!
It is a couple of shades darker than argent. It is not grey, per se, but

it is not silver. If anyone needs to see the original color, talk to me,

I have an original spare on an unpainted original rim. The spare is a
Goodyear G800 red-line, not that optional Michelin stuff!

rml
-------
Bob Lang                Room 11-221            | This space for rent.
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |
url: http://web.mit.edu/afs/athena.mit.edu/user/b/l/blang/www/home.html
Quote: How many Triumphs do you own??? Why I have 3.5 today.
-------