Door Saga Take 3

To: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Door Saga Take 3
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:46:10 -0800
Hey Gang,
Once more the lil' Spit is in the Body shop to have the continuing
problem with stress fractures fixes (finally, I hope).

I took it down a week ago last Saturday.  They guy said it should be
ready Tuesday. (that was last Tuesday).  I called him last night and
asked the status.  He said the welding has been completed and he has
pulled/pushed, strained and otherwise stretched the doors and they seem
now to be intact.  He plans to paint today and reassemble tomorrow.

Hopefully, I now will never again be, "doorless in Seattle".

Joe Curry  '63 Spit (FC4505L)

P.S. The body man is still cursing the person who decided that Brazing
the skins into the doors was an OK way of attaching them.
--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing