Re: Best Spit Repair Manual

To: "triumphs@autox.team.net" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>, "otmc@bc1.com" <otmc@bc1.com>
Subject: Re: Best Spit Repair Manual
From: "Ross Vincenti" <RVincenti@lbfc.com>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 8:38 -0800
     Mark wrote:
I am trying to figure out which is the best all round repair manual for my
Spitfire. If list members want to comment on manuals for other Triumphs I
collect the info and make it available for the list FAQ.
++++++++++++++++++++
Mark - I would suggest your purchase BOTH the Haynes Spitfire manual and the
Bentley manual.  Although the Bentley is pricey (I think about $45), between
the two of them you are really well covered.  The Haynes has better photos
and seems to be better written (i.e., more in lay person's terms), but the
Bentley really covers the specs. better and has more info. overall.

I also have an old (really old) Autopress manual for the Spitfires and
Heralds which is helpful, too.  But I believe it went out of print a long
time ago.  Good luck.

Ross D. Vincenti
64 Spitfire 4
64 Porsche 356C Coupe