What a nice day, spitfire progress report, and other rambleings.

To: triumph owners digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: What a nice day, spitfire progress report, and other rambleings.
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Tue, 17 Feb 1998 09:48:46 +0000
It's been a good weekend, nice 20 deg Centigrade weather.

Car progress.

Flaw pan rust removed, killed, repainted, carpet, seat down.
With four nuts acting a spacers, so I can now move the seat back
and forward, it also gets me a bit higher to see over the bonnets
of volvos, when I'm turning left or right.  They will drive half
way out it to the road.

Wedged some stuff into the bottom of the seat so it's more comfortable.

Got all me gages back together.

Got the new disks on the hubs, including my new hub.  Got the bearings
and put the felt washers the correct way round.  The DPO had them facing
the bearing.  Callipers overhauled, and on, new hoses, with a set to
stop
them catching.  I realized my car turns more one way than the other,
so I'll have to get it re-aligned.

Front wind primed, ready for something.

Halogen light kit fitted with stone-gards.

I need to get the rest of the sheared bolt out of the bumper.

The bonnet support tubes, mount under the lights on the bonnet has had
a welded nut shear off.  Which need repair, I'm thinking a panel behind,
and just bolt through the hole for now.

Starting to figure out what modifications have been made to the
electrical
systems, and what I need to do to correct the situation.  i.e. no
indicators
unless you have the hazard warning thing wired to the indicator thing.
(relay)

Found bit's of rust every where, I need something I can spray and halt
the
rusts progress, it's not bad at the moment, but it could get worse.

Tried to charge me battery, but found the positive side most cell has
got
buckled plates.  Not good.  I think I may need to trace a Japanese
Battery
Co. battery.  I know some one who had his battery from them, it's been
going
eight years, and not likely to fail for another four or five.  Not bad
for
ten pounds more than a two year's.  I have nothing to do with JBC it's
just
I have seen the electrical light so to speak.  Before I thought my Lucas
"pacemaker" (brand name, not the real thing) battery was OK.  If I
wanted
to sell a battery I would sell lithium ion because it was developed by
the old AEA.

Tax due at the end of the month, 150 quid.  They should make cars over
15 years exempt, or get the road tax from flue taxes.  Sort out all
thoughts executive car drivers.  I wouldn't mind paying 10 pence more
on petrol.  The spit does 35 miles to the gallon.  But I'm not going
to declare this SORN, because I hope to have it on the road shortly.

Wow you've made it down to hear.

CYA
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot