Re: help with cam specs

To: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Subject: Re: help with cam specs
From: Joseph Sholtes <joeiv@concentric.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:57:27 -0500
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

rick wrote:

> Listers, this is the cam I'm thinking of buying:
>
> Power band: 1800-6000
> Valve Timing: 26-58   62-22
> Duration in degrees: 264
> Valve lift:   .405''
> Valve clearance:   .014
>
> I have no previous experience with these items. Can somebody tell me if it
> will give my TR6 a little more OOoomph? It is said to produce 15 Bph. The
> cost is 269.00 $ + 30$ core charge (canadian dollars, about 2225$ US in
> all...)
>
> Thanks!
> rick

Rick,

  The duration on this cam isn't very long, and that is mostly what causes
a peaky power band and rough idle.  The lift is high, that's where the extra
power must come from.  So I'd guess it is a mid to lower range extra power
deal.  The .014" clearance must make for a little bit of a racket under the hood
though...

   Can anyone tell me why that spec is .004 larger than stock???

   Just my opinions about that cam there, can't tell for sure how it'll behave.

                                               JOE IV
                                               TR 250
                                       WALLINGFORD, CT. USA