Re: Spit 1500 Battery Choice

To: F Underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spit 1500 Battery Choice
From: Atwell Haines <carbuff@scooter.net>
Date: Mon, 16 Feb 1998 21:46:04 -0500
At 07:51 PM 2/16/98 -0800, F Underwood wrote:
>I tried to buy a battery for the 1500 this weekend- went to Pep Boys
>(national parts chain in USA) the recommended battery had tabs on the
>side that interferred with fitting into the 'bucket'. The next choice
>was too tall.  These were 75 month $30 batteries.
>
>What brand / series  model number etc is being used by the SO's
>(spitfire owners) on the list?

+++++++++++++++++++

Ran into the "too tall" problem last year.   Most of the batteries that
were listed for the Spit were not able to be captured by the OEM battery
hold-down bracket. That's a problem for me as I didn't want the durn thing
to fly up and short against the bonnet.

I settled on a Group 58 size -- just barely fit in the battery box, and was
the same Group # as my other British car (a Lotus).

Atwell Haines
'79 Spitfire  FM96062 UO

Succasunna, NJ USA
"There are three types of people in this world:
those that are good with numbers, and those that aren't."