Spit Radiators

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Spit Radiators
From: Kris & Randy Croft <rkcroft@ibm.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Feb 1998 09:12:13 -0600
Listers
I own 2 69 spits with comm.# fdu 47901L and fdu51266L.
The Standard-Triumph Spare Parts Catalog and the TRF catalog both
indicate
that after comm.#fdu48652 a different radiator was fitted with a 13 lb.
cap.
So I should have 2 different types of radiators, but after close
inspection I
can't find any difference. So I have some questions.
Could someone tell me the difference in the early mk-1 to mk-3 radiators

and the mk-3 to 1500 radiators.
Could I use the 13 lb. cap on the 7 lb. radiators? Or the 7 lb. cap on
the 13 lb.
radiator without damaging anything? I'm so confused.

Thanks
Randy Croft
2- 69 Spitfire MKIII's