re-building TR6 Strombergs

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: re-building TR6 Strombergs
From: jbonina@nectech.com
Date: Thu, 12 Feb 1998 11:20:50 -0500
     My mechanic attributes my TR's hesitation to among other things, worn
     carbs. He's replacing a rubber diaphragm (?) in the carbs in hopes of
     eliminating/minimizing this hesitation but he suggests a complete
     re-build.

     It sounds like more than you would do with a carb re-build kit;
     probably involves machining and re-bushing,etc..

     I'm accepting suggestions, references of carb companies (especially
     from those with pleasant first-hand experiences), expected costs, etc.

     Thanks in advance to all.

     Jeff
     '73 TR6 (haven't driven yet)