UPS in Canada - was dazed & confused

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: UPS in Canada - was dazed & confused
From: drake@direct.ca (len drake)
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 15:12:04 -0800
To Bob Holton & others that contributed to the UPS Canada thread -

over the last couple of weeks I have had several phone conversations
and faxes with Victoria British regarding two shipments that were
sent to me via UPS when I had requested mail.  The result of this
mistake had cost me over $60.00 in excess of what it would have
cost if my instructions would have been followed.

The end result is that V-B is going to issue a refund to me to cover
the excess charges and they have flagged my account so that all
future shipments will be sent by mail unless I request otherwise.
What started out as a "too bad" attitude from V-B changed 180 degrees
once they fully understoood what was going on with UPS charges on
our shipments to Canada.  The final straw for me was when UPS
charged me $24.75 brokerage on a $59.00 back order shipment (this
was on top of the express charges!!!).

Hopefully my problems with UPS shipments are over, and I would
encourage other Canucks that are dealing with V-B to have their
account similarly flagged.

Cheers,

Len Drake
Kelowna, B.C.