Welding manifold

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, VB157234@shellus.com
Subject: Welding manifold
From: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 1998 13:46:28 -0500
     Vern,

     I had an exhaust manifold that was broken in two welded one time, and
     it lasted for many years. The trick was to take it to the welder
     mounted on the head, so that everything is in alignment as it's
     welded. He used nickel welding rod. It may be worth a try; it's cheap
     so there's very little to lose.
     Regards,
     Jim Wallace
     60 TR3 TS81417
     From: "Burnett VE (Vern)  at MSXSOPC" <VB157234@shellus.com>

     In the process of doing a head job on my TR4, I found a long crack on
     the exhaust manifold. It does not appear to have been leaking yet. It
     is 3/4's around the number 4 port. Can this be welded with any
     success? Many thanks!