Sluggish GT6: Still Searching

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Sluggish GT6: Still Searching
From: msecres@ibm.net
Date: Tue, 10 Feb 1998 19:54:09 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded to my cry for help regarding my
sluggish, hesitating GT6.

To recap:  problem came on over time, ignition system checks out, carb
diaphragms OK, no detectable vacuum leaks.  Fuel pump may be bad --
haven't ruled that out quite yet.

But I may be on to the problem.  In doing a compression check tonight,
cylinders 1,2,3,5 and 6 register at or near 125 ft. lbs, but #4 cylinder
is showing only 95 (!)  This is too far off for comfort.

The PO's mechanic rebuilt the top and bottom of this pristine engine,
and did regular valve adjustments.  I'm hoping that one of the valves on
#4 has slipped out of adjustment, causing the irregular running, and the
poor compression reading.  Whaddyall think?

--
Martin Secrest
73 GT6

PS:  Please say "Yes, Martin, adjust the valves, and all will be well
..."