Another Spit Manifold ?

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Another Spit Manifold ?
From: "otmc@bc1.com" <otmc@bc1.com>
Date: Mon, 09 Feb 1998 11:29:49 -0800
My replacement twin-carb intake manifold has 2 studs coming out of the
bottom of it. While fondling my exhaust manifold searching for the other
studs that were holding it in place I did not encounter any other studs. I
have the Autobook manual for my car and it does not cover the pulling of
manifolds. I've searched for a list FAQ to see if anyone had previously
listed the process of pulling a Spit intake manifold, but couldn't find
either the FAQ or the process. I've owned a number of cars over the years
and have replaced a number of carbs & manifolds and without a doubt, this
has been the most frustrating experience. My Mini was even easier than this
& I lost for less skin doing both the intake & exhaust manifolds.

Thanks & apologies for ranting,

Mark