Canadian lbc Garage List

To: "Robert J. Carley" <rcarley@uoguelph.ca>, "Ian Clough" <ian.clough@entrust.com>, "Malcolm Walker" <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>, "Trevor Boicey" <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Canadian lbc Garage List
From: Rodney Orr <rodney@mindoro.com>
Date: Sat, 07 Feb 1998 14:44:44 -0700
Cc: cak@dimebank.com (Chris Kantarjiev), triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Sorry to bomb the whole list, but here is the first go at a list of
Canadian lbc repair shops, as contributed by people on the Triumph list.

Future distribution will be either by request, or via the Monster List,
courtesy of Chris Kantarjiev <<cak@dimebank.com>
<<http://web.dimebank.com/monster>

Bryce Mack has also offered to post it on his site at:

Rod.  '70 TR6  CC55899L

<bold>___________________

as contributed by "members" of the Triumph list.   (ver.1, 07-Feb-98)

Compiled & edited by Rodney Orr <<rodney@mindoro.com>

Please email additions, corrections, etc. to me.

This list will be added to the Monster List at
<<http://web.dimebank.com/monster> and updates can found there.

This list is not meant as advertisements, but are only the
recommendations of your fellow TRavaillers.

The list is not in any specific order at present.  Thanks to all who
contributed.

British MGB Cars

151 Nipissing Road

Milton, Ontario  (just west of Toronto)

905 876 4979

Owned by Tom Kane, a gruff sounding old guy but really nice who will do
anything to find something for you.  He has a fantastic supply of old and
OEM british parts for all cars:  Jag, TR, MG, etc.  His shop will do
repairs and restorations to high quality.  Located in Milton, Ontario, I
think he gets his new parts sometimes from a company in Victoria, BC.
His prices for new parts can be high, but his used/old parts supply is
fantastic.  Open M to F early till late, Saturdays, and sometimes he's
there on a Sunday morning.

Contributed by:  "Robert J. Carley" <<rcarley@uoguelph.ca>

My favorite is "The Sports Car Factory" in Kemptville, I would not be
surprised if John Pritchard (owner) is the most knowledgeable/competent
Brit car rebuilder/repairman in North America. 613-989-2171

There's also another, closer to Ottawa:

The Miniman

104 Walgreen Rd.

Carp, ON  K0A 1L0

(613) 836-4283

Bristol Motors

629 Chatham

Victoria, BC

(250) 388 5923

Specializes in LBCs.  Last time I went there he had a Spit and a TR7 on
the go.  I have never had anything done there, but he seemed competent.

Contributed by:  Ian Clough <<ian.clough@entrust.com>

Ken's Mostly British

56 Brydon Drive

Toronto, ON

M9W 4N5

416 747-6666  fax       416 747-1253

9 to 6 weekdays  10 to 2 Saturday

Another good LBC garage/supplier in Toronto area, Ken services and
supplies parts for all LBC's, also does restorations.  He is into vintage
racing - a really nice, helpful fellow.  He has a MOSS distributorship, I
believe.

Contributed by:  "Robert J. Carley" <<rcarley@uoguelph.ca>

Hawkins Auto Service Ltd.

5845 - 103 Street

Edmonton, AB  T6H 2H3

403-437-4800

Run by Bob Hawkins.  Specializing in TR, MG Jags, AH, & Volvo.  Very good
service and reasonable prices.  Currently has 3 or 4 "very serious"
frame-off TR, MG & AH restorations going on in his shop.

Contributed by:  Rodney Orr <<rodney@mindoro.com>

Prairie Auto House

1820 - 111 Street West

Saskatoon, SK

306-652-0888  fax: 652-0895

Run by Yogi Thakore, is a very good import car repair shop, and works on
many of the local lbcs.  When I lived in S'toon, he did all my mechanical
work.  Very fair prices.

Contributed by:  Rodney Orr <<rodney@mindoro.com>

end of list