LBC Software wishes

To: triumph digest <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: LBC Software wishes
From: Jack W Drews <vinttr4@forbin.com>
Date: Fri, 06 Feb 1998 16:42:32 -0500
James, sounds like a challenging project. I have some suggestions for
software. Some forms of some of them are available, some are not.. Some
are not. And of course I must point out that I'm a vintage racer and
perhaps more technically inclined than some folks. Anyway, here goes:

1. How about a piece of software to tell how much to mill a head for a
certain compression ratio? It should be applicable for all engines.

2. How about an engine horsepower simulator, given a number of
modifications from stock configuration?

3. How about an artificial intelligence system for diagnosing electrical
malfunctions?

4. How about a piece of software to tell how much to shim the steering
rack up to eliminate bump steer when the front end has been lowered due
to aftermarket springs being added?

5. How about a data base of commercial suppliers of Triumph competition
parts (Please, guys, don't say The Monster List does it -- it's not the
same thing. Try to find Richard Good on the Monster List, for example)

How about something to give the relationship between acceleration and
reduction of car weight? Of rotating weight?

And by the way, congratulations on your approaching senior year --
remember -- "Illigitimus non Carborundum" -- which, losely translated is
"Don't let the bastards wear you down!"
--
uncle jack in frigid iowa
TR4 Rallye Replica vintage racer