1969 TR 6 QUESTIONS

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: 1969 TR 6 QUESTIONS
From: Gerhard.Wiederholl@t-online.de (Gerhard Wiederholl)
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 21:25:14 +0100
Hello all,

I want to make my 1969 TR 6 ( CC 31998) more original while doing a major
overhaul and I need your help to get answers for the following questions.

What is an original exterior mirror for my car:

round or square?
wing mounted or door mounted ?
painted black or chrome type ?(as I bought my TR it had many drilled holes
around a black plastic mirror on the door which seems not to be original like
some other things)

Did this car really leave the factory with different keys for doors, ignition,
glove box and trunk ?

What is the original place for the radio antenna?

Is a tinted windscreen original?

Just for curiosity:
What is the difference between an overdrive TR and a non overdrive TR. I canīt
find different long propeller-shafts in the parts catalogs and wonder what
compensates the length of the OD unit ?

BTW the BMIHT-certificate of my TR 6 says my car was made on 19th of November
1969 and despatched to Canada, but specification is called "North America
Export" and I think there is no difference to US-TR 6 cars.

Thanks

Gerhard (will make first hand experiences in removing a TR 6 cylinder head as
soon as I can worke in my garage without gloves)

1969 TR 6
1976 TR 7 RV