Re: spitfire questions

To: triumph1@idt.net
Subject: Re: spitfire questions
From: James <james.carpenter@ukaea.org.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Feb 1998 11:35:52 +0000
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Illegal-object: Syntax error in References: value found on gateway.ukaea.org.uk:References: <md5:3F7094FA1D46FBC25D8DED2CB225DEC0> ^-illegal end of message identification
> 1: the box between the two speedo cables, non overdrive trans,( some kind
> of emissions light(Hey I'm dyslexic too) device?)seized.
This is a thing that lights a light when your car has been a certain
milage
without having your emitions equiptment servised.  Don't know the
details
because the UK ones don't have any emitions controles.  (and still pass
without)

 is there a splice available, or a one
> piece cable, or does anyone have a spare box?
You could order a UK cable, I presume these would fit.

> 3: where is the best place to buy a turn signal switch, and how hard is it
> to change? do you have to pull the wheel?
A far as I'm aware the trun signal switch should be the same for all
late
BL cars.  My current one is from an Austin metro, apart from the fact,
it's
back to front.  Indecators on the left instead of right.

You can change the washer stick without taking off the wheel, but you
need to
take it off to get the indecators off.

Hope thats a help

James
--
James Carpenter
Yellow '79 spit wired by a trained marmot