Re: meters

To: Trevor Boicey <tboicey@brit.ca>
Subject: Re: meters
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Wed, 4 Feb 1998 20:52:37 -0800 (PST)
Cc: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
On Wed, 4 Feb 1998, Trevor Boicey wrote:

> Malcolm Walker wrote:
> > Hmm... a sound-card equipped computer can almost be used as a 'scope...
> > <ponder>
>
>   Well, a scope is like a MIG welder, once you get one you
> are surprised you lived without.

And also, if Malcolm buys one, it means he has won the lottery ;-)

> > When I'm rich and famous I'll buy a Fluke or similar beast.  For now it's
> > the Radio Shack Special. :-(
>
>   I'm a big fan of radio shack specials actually. I have a fluke 87
> which
> is a somewhat fancy fluke with backlighting and bar graphs and true RMS
> reading and all sorts of doo dads. I also have one of those credit card
> sized radio shack digital meters that runs on watch batteries. Guess
> which
> one gets used the most?

The one that goes 'beep' when everything's right, of course!

I used to have one of those.  It was great but it tended to gobble
batteries (I left it on too much)

I bought an AA-powered analog meter on sale to replace it.  For my
purposes it's more than enough.  It comes in handy (when I can find it)

A neighbor has a Fluke.  It feels like a Fluke, but I haven't got the
gumption (or the money) to shell out the $ for one.

-Malcolm