dash & adhesives

To: The Usual Suspects <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: dash & adhesives
From: Malcolm Walker <walker05@camosun.bc.ca>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 18:24:17 -0800 (PST)
I broke down and put Swedish Teak Oil on my dashboard.  Happy to say that
it looks fabulous.  The wood shows a lot more subtleties with oil on it.

On another note, is there an adhesive out there that will stick my vinyl
back on-- one that doesn't stink like contact cement?

I used CC to stick on the wood veneer and I think I will have a headache
for a month (not to mention the effects of ass't paint solvents, acetone,
and other fun things I've been breathing)

And, yes, I did this in a well ventilated area (outside, in the wind!)

I will either buy an organic vapour mask  (or find the *&%! one I've
already got)... or look for a 'friendlier' glue.

It's gotta be flexible, sticky on vinyl and metal, and NO FUMES!

-Malcolm