RE: TRF Shipping Policy

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: TRF Shipping Policy
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 15:18:07 -0700

< snip >

> Moss Motors, Ltd.
> P.O. Box 847
> 440 Rutherford Street
> Goleta, CA 93116
> (800) MOSS-USA
> (805) 692-2525 - Fax
> (805) 681-3400 - International/Local
>
> Conclusion: NEVER MORE USPS.. I think it's better to pay 25$ for the
> UPS
> brocker and have a tracking number for your parcel.. What do you
> think?

Jonathan,

What I think is that this should not be an issue unless you are dealing
with TRF. In my experience, Moss's (and VB's in Calgary) products are
available through local dealers. I assume the same is true in
Sherbrooke. The dealer here in Calgary charges the Moss price times 1.5
for delivered goods (plus GST). He places orders once a week and the
stuff is shipped to a broker in the dealer's name - he handles all the
hassles etc. So for Moss parts this is what I would do.

The reason for this BTW, is that both Moss and VB have reasonably good
policies for dealing with resellers of their stuff, ie. they will give
the dealers a break on the prices. It is my understanding however, that
TRF are steadfast in their refusal to give "wholesale" prices to
potential resellers of their products (even though in many cases they
sell exactly the same items from the same UK sources as Moss and VB).
Thus you can't get local dealers to sell TRF stuff unless you want to
pay a marked up price over retail (yeah right).

Having said that I still buy from TRF because I like their stuff, in
most cases I have been very satisfied. But when I know there is
something they don't have an exclusive on, I just order it from the
local dealer (ie. Goodridge SS brake hoses were the most recent item I
remember).

So to sum up... if you want Moss parts, try to see if a local dealer
will provide them. If you want TRF parts, be creative (!).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada