Re: TR6 Fuel Delivery Problems

To: "Georgas, Bill" <Bill.Georgas@mci.com>
Subject: Re: TR6 Fuel Delivery Problems
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 12:51:15 -0800
Cc: Triumphs Mail List <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Bill,
Since your fuel is suctioned from the top of the tank, it may be that
the tube that goes into the tank has developed a hole somewhere up from
the bottom.  If so, once the fuel reached that point, you would get
symptoms of running out of fuel.

Also, I point out that clear in-line filters don't always fill up.  THe
one on my Spit does not.

Also, check the fuel pump itself.  When the tank is full, it takes less
suction to pump the fuel, than when it gets lower in the tank.  Like
water, fuel seeks its own level.  If the pump is weak, it might show the
same symptom.

Hope this help[s,
Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing