wtb spitfire hardtop hardware and want carb advice

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: wtb spitfire hardtop hardware and want carb advice
From: hank@discovernet.net (Hank Brakman)
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 12:10:47 -0500
Hi All

I'm looking for some of the parts that hold a spitfire hardtop down.  There
are two bolts (hexhead capscrews) in the front, two in the rear, and then
there are these two chrome plated holddown brackets that attach between the
top and the area behind the doors.  I understand that these brackets came
in two styles, one for use with the softtop installed and one style for use
without the softtop frame installed.  I'm looking for the latter style of
brackets.

Also, I feel that the car's kind of a dud with the stock carb.  What kind
of carb/manifold combo does the group recommend for a 78 spit that requires
the least other mods AND can be easily reconverted every year for CT's
yearly emissions test?  ;-)

Thanks,
Hank
78 Spit w/hardtop