Re: Spit 1500 heads

To: edward dressler <etd@psu.edu>
Subject: Re: Spit 1500 heads
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 03 Feb 1998 08:29:35 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Edward,
According to the Specs, the compression ratio on North American 1500
engines is 7.5:1.  But if the engine has been rebuilt, it may be as high
as 9:1 (European Engines), or perhaps even higher if head work was
done.  The dished pistons represent the lower compression and the flat
top ones are European (or Upgraded US)
In short, What you stated about the TR6 also applies to the Spit 1500.

BTW, I need you to log into the International Triumph Spitfire Database
and submit the information on your cars. the Web address is:
http://Home1.gte.net/spitlist/index.html

Regards,
Joe Curry

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing