I'm back -

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: I'm back -
From: "Musson, Carl" <musson@satie.arts.usf.edu>
Date: Tue, 3 Feb 1998 02:16:43 -0500
My recent trip turned out much better than anticipated.  A quick run
down:

Picked up a '61 (TS81302) & '58 (TS25057) that were languishing in a
garage on Staten Island.  Well the '58 was outside the garage; not much
exterior/interior to consider. Transmission frozen in 2nd gear; clutch
inop; other than that - who knows.  Told seller that I really didn't
want it.  He ended up throwing it in.

'61 is/was in mid restoration.  Rebuilt engine (87mm pistons) without
the head.  Brand new A-Type OD still in the box with shipping info from
England. Ditto the tranny (not in box) but paperwork intact that the two
were purchased in Feb '91.  Also on invoice was a new flywheel; and ring
& pinion for the rear end and a starter.  No new clutch and didn't see
one (old or new) in my initial inventory.   Competition style oil pan
(ribbed alum.)  Hi capacity coil.  Original type fuel pump (w/lever) Did
not see the generator but several boxes and crates of "stuff".

The chassis has been completely redone.  Rebuilt steering box but
everything else is new.  Extra set of pads & shoes.  New rear springs on
car and at least one more sitting in the car.

All sheet metal is original and no filler or appearance of repairs.
Body tub has new floorboards and inner/outer sills.  Gas tank appears to
have been cleaned and prepped.  ditto the radiator (w/hole) 2 extras.
Battery box replaced.

At least 10 boxes of "little bits" still in TRF & Moss packaging.
Invoices dated 91-92.

Above listed cars & parts
$1,200

Costs:
Truck:  Tampa/NY/Tampa - $180 for 1 week.
            .18/miles - 2,300 miles = $314.
Gas:   avg 8.2 mpg @ 1.042 per gal =$305
Tolls, etc.   37.50
Food:    73.25
Lodging: $75.80 (2 nights - stayed at friends balance of time)
Total expenses = 985.55

Other/Cash In:
Sold $300 worth of parts (duplicates to extras I had in Tampa)
Trans. A/H sprite from Savannah to Delaware = $300
Trans. 2 boxes of "bits" from SC to NJ = $50
Trans. TR3 front apron from NY to Va. $100
Trans. 4 crates of parts from NY to Ga. $175
Total incoming: 925.00

Other:
Transported Motorcycle for guy who works for my mechanic = $150 in
future labor