Re: TR3a hoodstick colours

To: JAMES_S_WALLACE@HP-Canada-om1.om.hp.com, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR3a hoodstick colours
From: KMNTR6@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 17:47:46 EST
Jim

I went through this about a year ago. Everyone gave me a hard time when I
contacted the list for something so "trivial"(since then I've seen all kinds
of  wacky things on the list, so now NO ONE can tell me that hoodsticks are
TRIVIAL).

Anyway back to hoodsticks. According to the TRA's TR3 Judging Guide (you
should join TRA and get a copy if you are interested in originallity) the
hoodsticks should be painted BODY COLOR. My car is white and had black
hoodsticks. When I got the Heritage Certificate I found out that the car was
originally BLACK!  Since then I have been to a TRA convention. THe "correct"
cars have body color hoodsticks. My car is now being painted Old English White
and that includes the hoodsticks.

Later
Ken Nachman
Richmond (VA) Triumph Register
1957 TR3 TS21086L now being painted a beautiful shade of Old English White
1974 TR6 CF16990U