Re: spray galvanising - was welding and galvanising

To: Dudley Simons <drs1005@esc.cam.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: spray galvanising - was welding and galvanising
From: "Johnny Storm: International racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 17:07:21 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 29 Jan 1998, Dudley Simons wrote:

> Its me again.
>
> I used to use a product called Galva Froid, it was basically a thick zinc
> rich paint (very thick - although it was always bloody cold in our workshop
> and subsequently all paints ended up fairly thick!)

  I have used this and it is the Dog's doodads!! Dud appears to have
summed it up well, don't use on visible panels you'll never get it
remoely near decent without a hell of a lot of work! Thick is not the
word, it's almost paste! BUT in comparison to KURUST it's the business,
no rust returning to bubble through and spoil your day. The local council
use it to replace galvanising that' worn off council depot buildings etc.

  Johnny '00 bugger all