Re: Spitfire windshield

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire windshield
From: Dave Fain <KC3565L@sprintmail.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 1998 19:43:40 -0700
Richard Bonilla wrote:
> i had a windshield installed for my 79 spit through a local (boulder)
> window repair co (windshield america, i think). the glass
> was like $150, the shipping $150...they claimed they had
> to ship the unit up from az to colorado...go fig..??
>
> watch the shipping charges...

Yikes!  I had a new tinted windshield installed in my GT6
several years ago at a windshield shop in Albuquerque for
about $125.  Call some local auto glass shops, you may be
surprised.  No reason to buy a used one or ship a new one
halfway across the country and then worry about installing
it yourself.
Dave