posi-driv and phillips... was 2 TR 4 Keys Up for Grabs (Free)

To: "'TR6 List'" <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: posi-driv and phillips... was 2 TR 4 Keys Up for Grabs (Free)
From: Peter Zaborski <peterz@merak.com>
Date: Wed, 28 Jan 1998 18:30:16 -0700

Just for the record, phillips and posi-driv are not the same. The
posi-driv has 8 not 4 cross-hatches. The 4 additional ones are just
smaller than the 4 main ones. Phillips only has the four. It is a lot
harder to "strip" a posi-driv head (if one uses the correct screwdriver
of course) than the phillips head.

Although used primarily in Europe, posi-driv screws are getting more
popular in NA recently. I think they are better technology so we should
use'em if it makes sense. But most people think they are the same as
phillips screws (ever check out the screws holding the tops of ZS carbs
on, usually stripped by some gorilla using a phillips driver on the posi
screws).

Peter Zaborski
76 TR6 (CF58310 UO)
Calgary AB Canada