Manifold Installation

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Manifold Installation
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 22:22:33 -0800
Hope all had a good day!

Just completed painting my exhaust manifold with eastwood's high
heat product. Going over preparation to reinstall manifolds and
carbs, I pulled out the new manifold gaskets (for engine and for
exhaust pipe).

My question to the list is which side of the new gasket faces the
engine and which faces the manifolds? One side is metal and the
other side has an asbestos material covering the metal.

The gasket for the exhaust manifold to the exhaust pipe is just
metal. Do I need any sealer on this or just put on bare metal
to bare metal?

Thanks.

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA