TR6 gearing

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 gearing
From: John Worthy <jworthy@pcug.org.au>
Date: Tue, 27 Jan 1998 20:20:46 +1100 (EST)
Hi

Does anyone out there have any details regarding the gearing of a TR6 circa
1972 with o/d on 2, 3 and 4th?  This beast of mine is a US delivery carb
version converted to RHD.  It runs Pirelli P400s at 185/65 HR 15 with a
rolling circumference of approx. 1.885m (or for you imperialists arouns
6'2").  I suspect this low profile undergears this car quite substabtially.
I read some where where the geraing is supposed to be arouns 41.7 Km/1000
or, once again 25.9 m/1000.  i suspect I am getting around 36Km/1000 or
22.4m/1000.

While I'm at it does anyone in the US or England have access to cheap TR6
spares other than Rimmer or Moss Motors?

John
John Worthy                      jworthy@pcug.org.au