About the engine questions

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: About the engine questions
From: rick <rbacon@netcom.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 22:46:08 -0500
Thanks to everyone who responded. The crank will be machined after all,
pistons and lifters renewed,
valve guides replaced, valves lapped, cam reground (or is a new, hotter cam
in order...humm...).
Connecting rods will be checked for straightness.
What are the costs involved in this kind of machining?
I figured by dismantling the engine myself, I'd save a couple hundreds AND
evaluate the quality of the engine. (It turns out the 72 engine was never
rebuilt. It shows 35,000 miles on the odometer,
wich I thought should read 135,000. Maybe I was wrong...)
One thing is sure:  the peace of mind a quality engine rebuild will bring
is worth all the effort.

Thanks again, I'll certainly have more questions soon!

rick
72 TR6 (vroom!)