Re: TR6 Ignition Timing Questions (from Pete Chadwell)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Ignition Timing Questions (from Pete Chadwell)
From: William Smith <wlsmith@idt.net>
Date: Mon, 26 Jan 1998 17:36:57 -0500
Pete,

 Sounds to me like you have a bad thermo-vacuum switch.  I am an
original owner of a '72 and went through several of those switches when
they were still available.  Each time they failed, I had the same
symtoms you describe (idle would increase significantly because vacuum
was cut off to the vacuum retard unit.  I don't know why they kept going
bad, but as far as I know, they are no longer available.

My solution?, By-pass the thermal vacuum switch!  I ultimately removed
it entirely.

Bill Smith