Re: 79 spit jack height...

To: Richard Bonilla <rbonilla@holly.colostate.edu>
Subject: Re: 79 spit jack height...
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 1998 11:10:24 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Richard,
This fits right in to the "Tire" thread that is currently running.  What
size tires do you have on your Spit?  They may be taller than Stock and
account for the difference.  I'm not sure what the dimensions of the
Kack are, and if they sell one for all applications.  I may be wrong,
but I think the stock tires on the Early Spits were smaller than the
ones on the later ones.  That may explain the difference.  In the
meantime, you may want to carry a couple of pieces of wood with you to
put under the jack and get its starting position higher.  This will give
you additional extension.  Hopefully enough to get the inflated tire on.

Hope this helps,
Joe

P.S. Colorado???     Go Broncos! (for once)

--
"Thanks to the Interstate Highway System, it is now possible
 to travel across the country coast to coast without seeing