Re: volvo trany to LBC

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: volvo trany to LBC
From: Rod Knox <rknox@horizon.bc.ca>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 1998 16:48:44 -0800 (PST)
This was the subject of the first email I sent to the list.

I had met a guy who had a couple of dozen or more different triumphs. I was
swapping my stripped down TR4 parts car for a TR4A trany he had laying
around. He said he had easily swapped a Volvo trany into a TR4. I thought
he said both transmissions were made by the same manufacturer or most of
the parts were or something like that. Maybe he said the bell housings
were. That was 15 years ago. Anyway the consensus of the list respondents
at that time was that I was mistaken and quite possibly out of my mind. I
gave up on exploring it further but it has always stuck in my mind because
the guy was trying to talk me into trying this and not swapping parts with
him. He moved to Prince Rupert shortly after that and was never heard from
again.

1967 TR4A
CT 67907
(purchased 1975)