Re: Spitfire Valves (Rodentless 1500's)

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Spitfire Valves (Rodentless 1500's)
From: Erik Quackenbush <erik.quackenbush@scala.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 16:26:32 -0500
>What software is this, and where is it.

I have some software called "Desktop Dyno" from Motion Software. I had to
upgrade
from the 2.0.7 version (offered by Eastwood and Barnes & Noble) to the
latest 2.8.7 version (direct from the company) in order to simulate my TR-6
engine since the older version wouldn't go to a small enough bore. The
software guys seems to like American V-8 engines.

A nifty program. Takes some guessing on some of the parameters since it
wasn't designed for our little British engines, but after some fiddling I
was able to get some good torque and horsepower curves to start from.

I'm in the process of tinkering with their file format; the simulation
engine appears to support a much wider band of parameters than their
antiquated DOS GUI will let you enter, and I'd love to be able to plot
nicer looking graphs in Excel. So far I've figured out how they encode
bore, stroke, cylinder count, valve diameter, and cylinder head type. Once
I've finished decrypting it I'll post my findings somewhere.

-Erik

--
Erik Quackenbush N3ZVC, IC Engineering Manager, Scala R & D
1-610-363-3343 mailto:erik.quackenbush@scala.com http://www.scala.com