Re: TR6 Frame

To: tr6@pipeline.com, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: TR6 Frame
From: McGaheyRx <McGaheyRx@aol.com>
Date: Tue, 20 Jan 1998 11:35:09 EST
In a message dated 98-01-19 23:09:41 EST, tr6@pipeline.com writes:

<< Can anyone tell me if the VIN number is stamped on the frame? If so where?
 Was there any differences between the pre 72 frames and a 72 frame.

 Ron Olds

Hello Ron
VIN or commision no. is not on the frame. There are no differences
between any frames for TR6s with CC prefix commision numbers - i.e. 72
and earlier. The frame changed a little starting with CF prefix commission
no. (start of 73 model year) in that the crossmember and rear gearbox mounts
(refered to in most parts books as "rear engine mounting")  were changed
and moved to accomodate the available J-overdrive.  I THINK these mountings
are the only difference between any frames throughout the TR6 model range.
Hope this helps
cheers!
Jack Mc
73 tr6 CF870U