GT6 rotoflex joints

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: GT6 rotoflex joints
From: Sam Gentry <hsgentry@cfw.com>
Date: Sun, 18 Jan 1998 20:30:59 -0500
I need an opinion... I have a '72 GT6 that has a few small cracks in the
rotoflex joints.  How much should I worry?  I don't drive the car hard or
very much (30-40 miles per week) and I have been keeping a very close eye
on the cracks.  They don't seem to be getting any bigger.

I have new rotoflex joints, but it will be a while before I can put them
in.  This brings me to the second question... The book calls for a
compression tool to compress the old rubber before it is removed.  Is this
necessary?  What will happen if I don't have the compressor?  Anyone know
any tricks to compress the rubber?

Thanks, Sam

Sam